Monday, January 28, 2008

New Toy


I heard about the Eye-Fi Card on one of my favorite websites, Make. After reading about it I decided I had to get one! Basically it's a 2G SD card for you camera with built in wi-fi capability. I love taking pictures, but I hate having to plug in the camera afterwards and upload the pictures to my computer and then upload them to websites or blogs. The Eye-Fi card does all of that for you automatically. You can set it up to put your pictures wherever you want on your computer and Eye-Fi is supported by tons of online photo sites (Piccasa, SnapFish, Costco.com, Flickr, etc) and you can set it up to upload your pictures to these sites automatically. One small downside is that you can only select one of these websites at a time. You can set up multiple profiles for different sites, but only one can be used at a time. You have to have your computer and camera on for them to sync. If you are out taking a bunch of pictures somewhere, when you get home all you have to do is turn your computer and camera on and all your pictures will be uploaded automatically. I bought mine on Costco.com for about $90 and I think that it will definitely be worth the price.

2 comments:

lisamarie said...

i want one. next, i'd like something similar for the ipod - you know where all you have to do is turn on your computer and it automatically syncs...could you invent that for me please?

Josh said...

Yeah that would be awesome! I'll get right on it... ;)