Saturday, March 29, 2008

Baby Slings

This weekend there was a Baby Expo at the South towne expo center and so Josh and I though it would be fun to go and check it out. They had vendors that make and sell some really cute things. The first booth that we came to was a baby carrier/sling vendor. I had seen my friend Amber's and she seemed to like it and I'd always wanted to try Harrison in one to see if he liked it and if it was comfy. After a bit of whining on Harrison's part we finally got him in a sling. Once he got in it he about feel asleep. I really liked it! We saw a few more sling vendors and while we were walking around we remembered that Ikea has really cute fabric and thought that maybe I could get a pattern and make one. So after the expo we went down to Ikea and found some really cute floral fabric and a pretty orange solid fabric. I guessed that i would need 2 yard of each if i wanted to make it reversible like many of the slings at the expo. We went to Jo Ann's to find a pattern but they didn't have any in any pattern book... So we came home and got on line and found instructions! And this is what we ended up with.
Harrison loved it.. Well it took him a few minutes to settle into it but after he was in it he fell asleep and took a 2 hour nap in it! Holy smokes! I Love my new Sling! Best of all it was so super simple to make and i have high hopes that it will make going to work with the little guy a whole heck of a lot easier.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

That turned out sooo awesome! You should consider making and selling them. He really is so cute. I especially like the picture of him in the Easter outfit!

Dunn Family said...

SO cute! You are so talented! It looks like Harrison is very comfy on him mommy!

Amy said...

Great Job Sabrina!!! Enjoy using two hands, agaain.

Lindsay said...

I love slings! Way to go on making your own, Sabrina. That's awesome. Wish I were as talented. Your babe is one of the cutest babies I've seen! Adorable.

amber hawkins warren said...

Wow Sabrina - that looks so professional. I love it!