Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ogden Valley Tri

Saturday the 15th was the Ogden Valley Tri. It was the first time that I have participated in this race, and it was great. It took us about an hour to drive from Salt Lake to Pineview Reservoir in the morning. It was pretty chilly when we got there, but warmed up a lot by the time I was done. It is a really pretty area and a great place for a tri. I ended up doing a lot better than I thought I would. The sad thing is that I got a faster overall time here than at Echo and the bike course was a few miles longer here.

Here I am getting out of the water...I felt pretty good even though I hadn't really trained. The wetsuit I was using made it hard to move my shoulders. Next time I will rent a tri wetsuit.


Somehow I actually pulled off my fastest bike time at this race...faster than any other tri I have done. I lost my water bottle with about 1.5 miles to go and I almost hit a spectator who was crossing the road, oblivious to the fact that there were bikers coming down the street at 20+ mph.

The run was bad news! I had a pretty slow time (about 30 minutes). The first half of the course was a gradual hill and then turned into a single track trail run. By the time I got to the run it was getting pretty warm. I had been leap frogging this one guy the whole way. We ended up chatting with about 200m to go, it was his first race. I couldn't let him beat me on his first race so I took off right at the end.

It was a fun race that I think I will be doing again next year.

2 comments:

Dunn Family said...

Good job Josh!! You are a trooper! I don't think Cory or I could run down the block!

Anonymous said...

I posted some photos and video at

http://OgdenValleyMagazine.com

Check it out!

Nice race, btw.