Friday, May 30, 2008

Unemployed and Loving it!

Thats right! After 12 year in the work place and after 5 years of my 1st career i'm hanging up my go to work 9-5 or (24-7 in my case) hat and taking up my new hat of 4 1/2 months taking care of our little king of the house.
I sold my preschool to my dad's company ILP and officially i was done with responsibilities last friday. I'm still helping get things changed over and on Monday June 9th when the summer classes start and i'm not there to worry about any of it will my bliss be complete!
I love my school. It was a great 5 years. Maybe the hardest 5 years of my life. I really feel like i was running it for 3 times that long with all the work it took to figure out what i was doing and keep it being successful.
I really believe that children should learn a second language when they are young. I'm very biased towards Spanish but really any lanugage would due. I might elaborate in a future post???
I have loved to watch hundreds of preschooler come into our doors and know "Hola" and leave joking around with their friends in Spanish. I have loved to get to know many hispanic women who have taught me so much more about the spanish culture and language. I have made many wonderful friendships with the parents of the preschooler. Although i will not miss having to deal with many of the diverse types of mothers!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get through these past 5 years! It was great!

And anyone that would still like to have their child learn Spanish the school is still open!

2 comments:

Nourishing Creations said...

Congrats on becoming a SAHM! That is so awesome about all your hard work with the school, it's such an accomplishment!

lisamarie said...

Congratulations Sabrina! You have lots to be proud of and a great life ahead! I can't wait to see Harrison again.