Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa Trevor

My Dad would have been 75 this April 20th. It's been almost 7 years since he died. Every year for his birthday and usually on the anniversary of the day he died all my dads kids, grand kids and my mom meet at the cemetery to have dove bars (his favorite late night treat!--He missed out on what would have been his down fall... Costco's ice-cream bars dipped in chocolate and nuts!). It was a beautiful day when we met on Friday evening to gather around his gravestone and talk.
We told Harrison that this is where his Grandpa Trevor is and that we wish that he could have met him. But I'm guessing that he's the one that has seen him the most recently and we are the ones that have been with out him for so long.
To say that my dad had a hat fetish would be putting it mildly. But one of the hats that we most remember him wearing was those grey felt hats that old men, Jazz players and bookies wear. Before Harrison was born Josh found one that was so tiny just a baby size. It was gigantic on him when he was born. We tried it on him again a few days ago and found out that it now fits! So we just had to have him wear it when we met for my dad's birthday. He would have loved it! And Harrison looks so adorable in it!



















He has a balloon because every year my mom gets 4 BYU colored balloons and the 4 youngest grand kids get to let them off and send them up to their grandpa in Heaven.
My dad was a wonderful man. He was a wonderful professor at BYU teaching language development and theories in the MFHD department. But if you asked him what his greatest accomplishment was, it wouldn't have been all the degrees he had earned, he would have said that his family of worthy Latter Day Saints is his greatest accomplishment.
Just before he died he helped my sister Shawna start the Spanish Preschool that I now run (for another 28 days). What a great legacy he left! I'm so grateful that he was able to get that started before he died so that our children and so many other children have a way to become fluent in Spanish.Publish Post
I love and miss my Dad! I cant wait for that day when I will get to be with him again and introduce him to my sweet husband Josh and Harrison and maybe a few more???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
I LOVE YOU!

No comments: