Thursday, February 14, 2008

Most Traumatic Experience of my Life!!!!

What started out to be a great day of visiting my mom and spending the afternoon with her and Harrison turned out to be the most traumatic day of my life.
I had so much fun visiting with my mom in Provo yesterday, our second of hopefully years full of weekly afternoons together. Since my mom is home alone and i'm not working as much... I decided that it would be great if Harrison and I spent one afternoon with my mom a week. A little treat for both of us to look forward to.
Well.... it was about 3p.m. and i just noticed a bit of snow falling outside my mom's study (I almost put dads... it hasn't bee that for years) and though I better get going soon incase it snows alot.
By 4 p.m. i've got my things, baby bag, purse and Son all packed up and ready to go! By 5:30p.m. Harrison and I are having a break down absolutely at a stand still just past thanksgiving point with no way to move and Harrison is crying so hard and loud i think he might barf up his insides and I'm helpless to do anything about it. Finally after braving the storm 3 times to break off the ice from my windshield wipers we get past a semi stuck in the middle of I-15. His front 4 tires have chains on them and he's not going anywhere... as well as about a half dozen cars that look more capable than my little corolla. I dont know how i got through that but heaven sent angles to help us through that one! Well they were about to send the whole choir to help me out next. Just as i'm passing about 106th i'm doing 30mph in the left hand lane and all of a sudden begin spinning in circles... circle after circle i bet it was about 4 or 5 360's that i did before stopping sideways in the far right hand lane! I didnt even hit one car in that whole time i was spinning out of controll on the freeway. I can only thank the heavely angels that were watching out for us. I had this flashback of when i was spinning and wrecked in Provo canyon the winter my dad died and ended up upside down on the bank of the river...
Finally by 7p.m. Harrison and I finally pull up to our doorstep and out comes josh to a wife that home safely but not quite of a sound mind! But in the end no real damage except for the bumper that fell of on the way home for the sideways blowing slush weighed it down and ripped it off. I hope that we never have to be in a storm that bad again!

3 comments:

lisamarie said...

Oh Sabrina. So scary. Isn't California sounding great right now?

Krystal said...

I can't even imagine what that must have been like. I'm so sorry that you had to go through it, but glad that you made it home safely!

Dunn Family said...

Oh Sabrina, how horrible! I feel bad you had to fight that with an infant in the backseat crying. I had to fight it as well, but at least Zoey was safe with grandparents! Oh man, I am sure you were overwhelmed! I am glad you made it home safely!