Monday, August 4, 2008

Spudman 2008

This year I was finally able to get into the Burley Lion's Spudman triathlon after three years of trying to get in. After having done the race I can see why it sells out so fast every year, it's a really fun course! The best part for me was swimming down the Snake River.

Here's the a recap of my race:

Swim: 1.5K
This was my best leg of the race, and I felt really good. I rented a tri wetsuit just for fun, even though the water wasn't that cold. I had a good swim time of 15:25 and felt like I wasn't trying very hard. I wished that I would have put a little more effort into it. I was one of the first few out of the water in my wave. I even caught up to and passed a few people from the previous wave. It was a lot of fun to swim down stream.


Bike: 40K
I had a pretty good bike ride. The bike is not my strong sport (neither is the run), but I was happy with my time of 1:08:55 and averaged just under 22 mph. The course was relatively flat (it's in Burley after all).


Run: 10K
I was really surprised by my run. I was expecting to have a pretty slow time since I hadn't done a lot of running before the race. I averaged just under 10 minute miles, which for me is great. The local residents turned on their sprinklers and pointed them into the street for us to run through, it felt really nice after a few miles of running.


Overall I had a lot of fun and am already planning on entering the race again next year (it will be on my 30th birthday!). I had my GPS watch with the for the whole race and have uploaded the data to MotionBased so you can click here to see the satellite map of my race.

2 comments:

lisamarie said...

Congrats Josh. You are an inspiration for sure. I'm having major Garmin envy.

Josh said...

Ha ha! If you would have seen the other people there you wouldn't have been too impressed with me...

Yeah, I love my Garmin. We got a good deal on it when it first came out from Costco.com. I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise.